Page only loads correctly once in IE, incorrectly once in FF

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Page only loads correctly once in IE, incorrectly once in FF
Malkalypse
CZ Newbie
Malkalypse has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I am working with using Javascript to create a page that scales and keeps its aspect ratio (much like a Flash page would). After a lot of trial and error, I have a prototype up with a couple of problems.

It loads correctly once in I.E. Reloading, or opening a new browser, will also load the page correctly. But visiting a different page and coming back causes the width attributes to break. This happens with the non-aspect-ratio version in pure HTML also, but I was hoping that this problem would be solved by establishing values based on javascript variables.

As for Firefox, the problem is more or less exactly the opposite. The page loads up all wonky the first time, and a reload or resize will fix it for every time afterward.

To see what I'm talking about, you can take a look at
[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

For the HTML only version, see
[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

I'm guessing this is something to do with the order in which the data is loaded, so that once the information is all cached, it stops functioning in IE, and starts functioning in FF... can anyone confirm whether I'm on the right track with that, or how to fix it if I am?

I'm most concerned by the fact that the width attribute is behaving as it does in IE. That looks like some kind of Microsoft bug to me, and I need a way around it. As for Firefox, I am guessing if I can just get it to load all of the correct information ahead of time, the page should come up correctly, but I just can't think how to do that.

Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to