Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

ahhh well thank you for once again showing what uneducated people really think. NVU or any HTML editor can create the same codes eh? roflmbo

think about this...admins101 was created March 2003..the ripper site you mentioned was created when? say again? I can't hear you?????? oh yes,2005!

actually it's called libel and your ripper site already is guilty of that! lawsuit? well thank you for the info..I'll be sure to keep that in mind when the time comes. fact of the matter is, there are people still within myleagues who know the truth, sad that you cant see it!

Do us all a favor and read...educate yourself! NOT EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET IS PUBLIC DOMAIN

here's a tip...do a google search on copyright...you just might learn something but let me make it easier for you. here's one site, I'm sure you can find others if you take the time [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

that should get you started icon_mrgreen.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
T3h_M4ttz0r
CZ Newbie
T3h_M4ttz0r has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

With all due respect, any material publically available on the Internet can be displayed anywhere else on the Internet by the site's autor unless the material author requests its removal. The only restraint is that any copyrighted material displayed on a 3rd party site must express that the work is not originally theirs. Claiming that the material is their own is against the law, displaying the material/distributing it is legal (unless a license is given with the original material), leaving the material available with or without notes on the original author is not legal.

Some coding can be claimed as your own, even if it is copied. But it must be edited quite considerably so that it is distuinguisly unique from the original. Obviously the majority of codes you are claiming should not be available on any site other than Admins101 and Codezwiz are fairly unique as they are, but if you were to comment on a code showing how to make an anchor open the user's default email client and begin sending an email... you wouldn't get much.

By giving us that link I might add you contradicted yourself though. The above stated is covered on that page under 'Fair Use'.

Summing it up quickly... if credit is given and you haven't REQUESTED it to be taken down then it's fine. Have you requested it to be removed... or have you just created this thread telling people about it? Difference...

On a final note... help sites are here to help... if people visit Help4Admins and get the code, are you not in effect helping them anyway? Or do you simply care about reputation or you site's revenue frrom ad clicks?

#3   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

ahh thank you for pointing things out however, without first doing your "homework" as it's called you are therefore in error.

The pages ( and i mean more than 1 or 2) that were ripped from our site is not within fair use as fair use can only be claimed if only using 1 or 2 and to which credit should still be given to the original creator on the page that the copied material sits on. The pages I posted are a mere example, here's half of the full list:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] -->
STOLEN FROM CODEZWIZ FORUMS- [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] --> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

If you want more links, I'd be happy to provide them.

Now, on your first point, the infringing site has been sent a myriad of emails requesting the codes be removed to which we were told...to go SUE him! icon_rolleyes.gif These emials were sent the first week that the ripper site went online.

On your last point, "On a final note... help sites are here to help... if people visit Help4Admins and get the code, are you not in effect helping them anyway? Or do you simply care about reputation or you site's revenue frrom ad clicks?"

The basic question there is, we, as I'm sure any page coder or designer is after...UNIQUENESS. Why on earth would anyone copy the same information just to add it to "their help site"...who is then just after "reputation" as you put it? perhaps you should ask the ripper site

Nonetheless, I thank you for your input

icon_mrgreen.gif

#4   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
T3h_M4ttz0r
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

By referencing to the Fair Use policy, I wasn't implying that Admins101 and/or Codezwiz were in violation in any shape or form... I was actually suggesting to Help4Admins (as they are bound to be reading this), that they could negotiate the codes remaining on their site providing appropriate credit is given icon_wink.gif

Technically, on your side on that one lol.

#5   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

then your best bet is to post there, not here icon_biggrin.gif

#6   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
T3h_M4ttz0r
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

They have forums? Sorry, my error. I just randomly came accross this btw lol.

#7   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

welcome to codezwiz then...nice that you should "randomly" come across this site on your first day of joining this site but yes, they do have forums to which some of our created codes have also been infringed upon.

#8   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
T3h_M4ttz0r
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

Yeah I did make a nice introduction for myself didn't I? lol... thx for the welcome icon_wink.gif

I'm sure I can be of assistance in coding queries as well as law pursuits as well though icon_mrgreen.gif

#9   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
twinks1959
CZ Newbie
twinks1959 has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

i dont know about what ur talking but chef mercer is no ripper and neither are the admins on there if you read what it says is they got the codes form all over not just in one spot and i have never asked for help form them and not gotten either the answer from one i asked or they tell me where to go

#10   re: Help4Admins.com from MyLeagues is a ripper......
Cerberus
CZ Super Newbie
Cerberus has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Bolton Wanderers
0.01 posts per day

So "borrowing" stuff from one site is classed as ripping, but doing the same from several places isn't?

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to