osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPORTANT

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.Printable Version
<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPORTANT
Milne
CZ Active Member
Milne has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Manchester United
0.02 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
This actually follows on from my last post.

Firstly my site address is >>> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] << its for my new online business, and the problem which I will explain before, is delaying any further progress.

If you view my site >>> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] <<< you will see at the top of middle section is a area which has the following stated >> Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? << and under that when a new product is added to the site, the product automatically appears and I’ve been able to get rid of it.

What I’m after is either someone who knows how to get rid of that all section, as I want rid of ot all, or if there is some type of code that I can just enter into the main file that will prevent anything from appearing under >>> Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? <<< that would great.

If anyone can help me out, that will be fantastic, as the site is around 70% to 75% complete all it need now is products added, but I can't do this as they automatically appear on the home page.

Yet again more problems with this website, as I must get a new one every day or two, typical really.

Milne

Visit my site at >>> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] <<<

Back to top Reply with quote
JLAW
CZ Addict
JLAW has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.06 posts per day
are those not just center blocks that you can hide?

#3   re: osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPOR
Milne
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day
I also thought that, but in the block section on the admin menu, there is nothing for that block it self.

According to Dkwds another codezwiz user who has been helping build my site, he said you are unable to remove this section of the site as its is built into the coding.

I find this odd, as you can normally change anything you want on a website within reason, am I right??

U see where it says "Welcome Guest and so on....." I want that block removed competely as I have no need for it on the site.

Do you know of anyway of doing this?? or does anyone else who has had past experiance with osc2nuke or anything using nuke???

Milne icon_cool.gif

JLAW
CZ Addict
JLAW has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.06 posts per day
so the coding on the theme has it built in to it? where is the link to your products is it a announcement of some kind if it is there it has to be able to be changed so if it can be changed then it should be able to be removed

#5   re: osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPOR
Milne
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day
Thats what I said, but this guy claims other wise.

Have a look at the main page, Ive added a product and its automatically appeared there. >>> [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] <<

We have changed things like removed txt from around it and a few other things, so it is possible to alter the txt, but now its just finding how to delete the whole thing.

Milne icon_cool.gif

#6   re: osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPOR
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

The products are showing up on your front page as part of the OsCommerce side of Osc2Nuke. It's the New Products section. Every time you add a product to your store, it's going to show up there. If I remember right, it only shows the new products that have been added during the month. It is an integral part of OsC and to remove it will take alot of modification of the core coding.

Now, as I've explained to you several times, what you have is a hybrid product, where OsC has been modified to fit inside of PHP Nuke. (Or maybe it's PHP Nuke that has been modified to include OsC. Not real sure which.) If it were just a matter of modifying an OsC site, I could help you. But since I have no idea how it works inside of PHP Nuke, I don't know where you need to go to make the appropriate modifications.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but you keep asking for help here for an Osc2Nuke site. Most of the people here could help you if it were just PHP Nuke. I could help you if it were just OsCommerce. I'm afraid you're going to have to get support from the peeps who developed Osc2Nuke as they the peeps who are most familiar with the set up.

#7   re: osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPOR
Milne
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day
Ive just spoken to the guy who is are helping me out, and as I thought I was using osc2nuke, I have been corrected as its actually osCommerce, my mistake, the old format for the site was osc2nuke, but we changed a few weeks ago as it was going to be easier to use for a online business.

So you might be able to help??

Get in touch via either here or the following;

MSN - [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]
Yahoo - [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Milne icon_cool.gif

#8   re: osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPOR
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.50 posts per day

Taken from the bottom of your site:

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
Page Generation: 0.35 Seconds

:: skyLineBlue phpbb2 style by Volize Web Solutions :: PHP-Nuke theme by [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] ::

You are not using OsCommerce straight out of the box.

#9   re: osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPOR
dkwds
CZ Active Member
dkwds has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
uk.gif
0.04 posts per day

First of all,
I never said that about OSC2NUKE. That was regarding OSCommerce (and as far as removing the excess stuff on the OSCommerce website was concerned, i think you needed to edit the mainfile.php (not 100% sure but that's what i made of it anyways). I couldn't have cause i've never used that (OSC2Nuke) software ever. I told u this too ( [ Register or login to view links on this board.] )

Secondly,
I don't know whether you have been turning a deaf ear to everything i've been saying but your site is using OSC2Nuke not OSCommerce. I did offer for absolutely nothing (my offer has expired. I want to concentrate on my site now) to make your site in OSCommerce but you said you would use the other software cause you wanted to use that theme from nukemods and this theme couldn't be used on the OSCommerce site as it was a phpNuke theme.

Just thought i'd straighten things here. icon_smile.gif

Once again:
[ Register or login to view links on this board.]
[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

#10   re: osc2nuke coding problem, can anyone help me out....IMPOR
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.50 posts per day

Seems like he's turning a deaf ear to all of us.

As I told you months ago, you can't just jump into the middle of something and start modifying it to meet your needs, especially if you have very little programming knowledge or don't even know what kind of software you're using!

If you had taken the time as I suggested to do the proper research, you wouldn't find yourself now in a situation where you need modifications that you have no idea how to do. Most of the stuff I've seen you ask in this forum requires extensive changes to the base programming. Even if you did find someone here to help you, you wouldn't get a quick do-this-or-that answer.

You need to find a CMS/E-Commerce solution that fits MOST of your needs out-of-the-box, and that has a large enough support community that you can go to for help if you need to modify it further.

It's no good asking for OsCommerce or OsC2Nuke help here. This is a PHP Nuke help site. You'd be told the same thing if you started asking PHP Nuke questions in the OsC forums. You need to look for help from the people who developed and use the product you are using.

One last piece of advice and I'll let someone else have the soapbox. If you are serious about creating a website that will become profitable and potentially earn you a living in the future, then you have some serious thinking and planning to do.

Despite what all the late-night infomercials tell you, you can't just throw up a website and become a millionaire overnight. It takes hard work and alot of knowledge of different areas, like programming, search engines, marketing, customer relations, etc. If you don't possess the knowledge, or have time to acquire the knowledge, then you need to hire a PROFESSIONAL, who does have the knowledge. Otherwise, all you have is a hobby website.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to