<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   FORMMAIL
netty500
CZ Super Newbie
netty500 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I installed formmail on my site. It said installation was successful. When I click on the link it set up I get this error message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /formmail/ on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] Port 80

What does this mean?

Netty

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

That is just a safety precaution for the script. Anytime you dont have a index.html inside of the folder that is what you get Forbidden that is to stop people from viewing your directorys. To view the script and set it use these links. You can also see what the page name is by going into your file manager and selecting the folder formmail.

[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
iluvgolf18
CZ Newbie
iluvgolf18 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
Hi Telli, I'm working with Netty on this page and we have no idea what we are doing lol. We didn't get anything from those links you put down and we don't have the index.html file in the formmail folder. But don't know what needs to be in it. I guess what we need is a step by step instruction on how to make the formmail work. Thanks for bearing with us PHP dumb people new_Eyecrazy.gif

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

ok in the page [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] if you view the source (right click choose view source) you will see the form properties or this:

<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="formmail.php">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="1000000">
<input type="hidden" name="path_to_file" value="/var/www/html/formmail">
<input type="hidden" name="require" value="email,phone_no">
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="shevan@tourneypool.net">
<input type="hidden" name="env_report" value="REMOTE_HOST,HTTP_USER_AGENT">

Thats what runs the form (formmail.php). Now you need to set up a form just like this one and save it as what you want and put in your file manager. Then supply the link to it for people to use. Also if you look above you will see this in the code:

<input type="hidden" name="require" value="email,phone_no">

Those are required fields if the visitor doesnt fill them out then the form will tell them to. I suggest you take a look through this page for instructions on setting up a form. [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]
All you need to do is make the form and the formail.php will process it. It sounds like alot but once you make one and see how it works its not so bad. Oh and i submitted a test on the form so the email address above should get it.

And if you have problems just post back.

Telli

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
iluvgolf18
CZ Newbie
iluvgolf18 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
Thanks Telli. I saved the demo form and uploaded it to the file manager and saved it as index.php. So now when I click on Power Tools and the Formmail that comes up. But isn't a program supposed to come up that you can create a new form by just entering what info. you want to be in it? Like the gallery does. Or do we have to go in and edit the index.php from the file manager using codes to make our own form? Thanks.

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Yes the only thing that the program creates is the actual form handler (formmail.php) you have to set up the form to what you want. In my above post is a great link to show you how, you will have a form set up in no time. If you need help with the form post back and I will glady help.

Telli

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to