<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Withdraw
natasa_007_247
CZ Super Newbie
natasa_007_247 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

First of all!! i MISSSSSED you guys!! *hugsssss*

ok this is bit of a story but its crazy... i am sharing with ya as a warning and for any feedback on the situation

A league i am currently just TDing for (yes i am slowly getting back into it..still with lots of reservations) had a wierd incident happen.. A HTD and a member are realllly good friends.. so good that she (htd) went from down under to usa to be with him. Its also important to know that he is a bit of a trouble maker.. he has gone through several leagues causing trouble everywhere he has gone and other admins have informed me that he has been kicked out of 3 leagues for cheating... well this league had an incident with him a week ago or so and he end up just withdrawing from the league. His HTD friend stayed and continued as normal.. She does not get along with me and with one other admin but that has not prevented league to go on just no public fighting and stuff..

well Friday morning that admin checks the daily results and sees that she had WITHDRAWN from the league.. not kicked off or anything.. but he figured that since she arrived in the USA to be with her friend who withdrew a week earlier that he just convinced her to leave the league so he went into HTD and removed her off her TD and HTD powers. Later that day she comes on line screaming at Admins saying that someone withdrew her from the league illegally. She is claiming that she did not withdraw herself since she hasnt been on line at all... she of course pointed fingers at the admin she didnt get along with and me - a td. None of us knew her password, so we couldnt have done it. And all the admins quickly checked admin logs and determined that no one has gone into user editors to change her password. So it must have been someone with knowledge of her password. I then advised them to check the IP # that made the withdrawl of her account and they did. It comes from a fairly small company in NC (its not like its AOL or ATT that they are all over).. someone at that point raised a flag that her friend in USA might be living in NC. Then we checked IP addresses of all other admins and TDs just to make sure that NO blame can be assigned to ANY staff of the league - and sure enough companies/IP addresses were entirely different - not even a possibility of them matching. Then we checked IP that her friend who withdrew from the league used - and sure enough - A MATCH...They have given this information to her but she fails to believe it (since she is in love with him or something)..They have since gone to visit a friend in another state (who also has in the past caused trouble in this league) and have continued to harrass the league from her computer - leaving messages on the board and just generally trying to cause trouble. She has threatened to contact cases and claim that someone from admin/staff withdrew her and either shut the league down or she wants full reinstatement.. if she does contact cases what will they do in this case?.. will they check and make sure that no wrong doing has occured (which would be wonderful) .. or will they just honor her wishes? consult HA?..

Personally i wouldnt let any of them back in.. its a league to have fun not deal with issues.. her biased views do not allow her to see the truth and bottom line is not much she can do about it.. she is stuck in USA now with no where to go but stay with him.. so of couse she has to believe him - unless she is in on it too (which is my opinion).. Either way i am not an admin and thank god i dont have to deal with this stuff directly but admins are good friends of mine so if yall can offer any advice/help it would be greately appreciated

*hugssss*

Natasa

Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

From what you have said, I would think that if and when Cases goes to investigate her claims, and contacts the HA of your league, your HA will be able to prove that no wrongdoing has been done. The matching IPs in the logs tell the story.

Tell your HA just to have all his ducks in a row and be ready if it ever happens.

As for the HTD and company, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Obviously she doesn't wish to believe the truth about this guy and in my experience, nothing anyone else can say or do will convince her. She will have to learn that painful lesson on her own.

If it were my league, I'd ban them from the league and have my league members and staff all put them both on ignore. Don't argue or respond to any of their IMs, messages or emails. Sounds harsh, I know, but without the attention they're seeking, they'll eventually move on and cause trouble for someone else. :???:

Kelly

Back to top Reply with quote
natasa_007_247
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

Originally posted by Kelly_Hero:

From what you have said, I would think that if and when Cases goes to investigate her claims, and contacts the HA of your league, your HA will be able to prove that no wrongdoing has been done. The matching IPs in the logs tell the story.

Tell your HA just to have all his ducks in a row and be ready if it ever happens.

As for the HTD and company, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Obviously she doesn't wish to believe the truth about this guy and in my experience, nothing anyone else can say or do will convince her. She will have to learn that painful lesson on her own.

If it were my league, I'd ban them from the league and have my league members and staff all put them both on ignore. Don't argue or respond to any of their IMs, messages or emails. Sounds harsh, I know, but without the attention they're seeking, they'll eventually move on and cause trouble for someone else. :???:

Kelly

ty kelly.. def will let them know.. i think one admin has already taken screen shots of all the logs both hers and his from when he was originally in the league (tho now he has signed up through the account at their friends house in another state) and her withdrawing.. its sad that it has to come to that

osmosis
CZ Addict
osmosis has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
ireland.gif
0.06 posts per day

When some1 withdraws it removes them from td automatically if im not mistaken (either that or the ha of our league is extremely fast lol) so the admin shouldnt have needed to do that.

Provided she wasnt a premium member, cases wont do jack, myleagues, have the right to ban and unban as they please without cases intervention, if she was premium then theyll check there own logs, these logs are automatically deleted after a week so your admins may want to contact cases about this themselves, as the ip addresses on the admin log arent always 100%.

Either way provided none of the admins changed her p/w which is completly trackable through admin logs, its her own stupidity for giving out her p/w to either this guy, or another person, or else she wasn unfortunate enough to be hacked.

The admins are under no obligation to re-instate her, and providing her actions are as u said above theyd be fools to do so lol.

Let us know what happens with this icon_smile.gif

natasa_007_247
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

Nah she was just a regular member.. no gold/plat/diam at all..so i figured cases wouldnt care that much .. but still.. we def wouldnt want something like this actually reoccuring

and nah it doesnt remove you from TD automatically.. someone has to go in and do that.. and this admin did AFTER he saw that she withdrew.. he couldnt have known that she would have cried foul play.. there was no need to ever even suspect anything like it..

i didnt know that cases deletes logs so soon.. i thought it was a month or something.. i will definitely double check that they have taken notes/shots on all the important logs.. ty

and i will definitely keep yall updated.. it is an interesting incident.. I havent heard of anything like this happening before..

Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

YEP...Case's will not do anything simply because it is a "MYLEAGUE"! Head admins who created the league can run it the way they see fit. Head admins make up the league rules and if anyone can't live with then tuff! As harsh as that sounds, it is the plain truth.

Although making sure copies of the logs are taken, since so many logs are disappearing these days from server malfunctions, will always prove to be the prudent way to handle things.

Trouble makers are just there to make life miserable for anyone who cross their path. Leaving them out in the cold now will only strengthen your league not weaken it.

My $.05 worth of opinion.

taut winkss.gif

P.S. welcome back Nat...been a while...missed ya!

natasa_007_247
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

icon_biggrin.gif

thanks girly.. i figured cases wouldnt do anything but its just the mare fact that they are trying to put the league tru drama..

you would think someone whos on vacation in usa would have better things to do .. kinda sad..

anyways i am definitely going to show this thread to admins of that league and I hope that they get some assistance out of it icon_smile.gif

Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

Hope it helps them....if you need anything else...you know where we are. Good to see ya "stranger" lol

taut winkss.gif

osmosis
CZ Addict
osmosis has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
ireland.gif
0.06 posts per day

I once had a member i banned come to me claiming he was just in chat with patti and that i had made him lose 400,000 bux from the ban, and that i our league was about to serve major reprocutions, funny thing was was that i used spend alot of time in live chat, and patti was on holidays at the time lol, and i was also in chat with another cases rep and they hadnt heard anything from him, checked to logs and he had never even been gold, its just ppl have no lives.

I was gona go to america this summer coming but since drinking age is 21, i think ill pass n just go on a mad drinking spree somewhere in europe

natasa_007_247
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

taut i will def be on more.. just gotta find lil more time .. but you know me.. love ya guys - i couldnt stay away icon_biggrin.gif

tea - under 21?!?!?.. nooooooooooooo dont shatter my dreams danny!!! ok when you hit 21 you can come over and be my boytoy haha j/k icon_wink.gif

<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to