I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.Printable Version
<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
flexn
CZ Newbie
flexn has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I came to this site and asked one of the staff for some help on my graphic header... He emailed me back and wanted to see the site.

I loaded it for public viewing onto a domain i have..... it was there for like a day and then it got hacked and now i cant do anything administratively on the site....

it wasnt like it made a big deal because it was just a copy and it really isnt even live yet... but it worked fine for a month until I pointed one of the staff members on this site to the location of the install.... AND NOW ITS HACKED ---- EVIL!!!

and btw: this guy bitched because someone took his graphic w/out giving him credit for the work.... shyheah

I cant believe this... I am soooo dissenchanted w/ this friggin site and w/ the PHPNUKE IMPLEMENTATION in general.....THAT I CANT STAND IT.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Yeah I cant believe this.... People automatically assume that just because they ask for help and if their site gets hacked around that time, that it was the person who was kind enough to help. I CANT STAND IT when people open an email that was probably sent out by an imposter and the person opening the email just ASSUMES that it was from that person. EVER HEAR OF PHONEY PAYPAL OR EBAY EMAILS???? It does happen and to be blind enough to not double check the person who contacted you is actually that person by sending him or her a private message on this site is just plain....well lets just say "CHALLENGED in certain departments". Afterall that is why a help site should have a private message system so it can be utilized to double check a person's email or however they are trying to make contact with you. HMMM Doesn't CodezWiz have a private messaging system????

Personally I would hand over ALL my website info to any one of the staff here through a Private Message if I need help. Why? Because they are here to HELP, NOT HACK.

Matt

#3   re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

#1 - That guy is a SHE, not a HE.
#2 - As I told you in my email responding to your accusations, I only visited your site twice. I did not register, I did not log in. I only needed to get a look at the current design.
#3 - As I also told you in my email, I did not give anyone else the URL to your website. I did mention to Telli that you had some work you wanted him to do, but I didn't give him or anyone else the link that you gave me.
#4. I'm a graphic designer. I know very little about the coding side of PHP Nuke. I wouldn't even know where to begin to hack a website.

Next time, I suggest you do some investigation into finding out the culprit before you start flinging around accusations.

I await your apology.

#4   re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

This is predominantly a help site, so here's some help.. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

Did it enter your mind that the reason you can't get at any admin functions is becasue of an error in the code or the database?

Maybe it escaped your notice that this site has tens of thousands of members, most of them come back again and again. I guess we must hack them all and pay them to keep quiet about it.

You've made yourself look pretty foolish with your ranting and raving. Maybe if you had said what the problem was, someone here could have solved it in no time.

Good luck getting help with the site now. booty.gif

#5   Re: re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Originally posted by redhot_2oo3 @ Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:10 pm:

I guess we must hack them all and pay them to keep quiet about it.

I thought that was a free service from the staff here. All this time I could have been getting paid? Dang it. laughing7.gif laughing7.gif laughing7.gif

#6   re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

I found the hackers!!!! >>>>>><<<<<<< l33t hAx0rZ!!!!

#7   re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
flexn
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

i left went to work and just came home..... now it works fine. i learned a valuable lesson here.

btw: i gave no one the address and it was only there for a day before it was hacked and all of the sudden it works fine after i posted about this.... icon_idea.gif

#8   Re: re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!
flexn
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

Originally posted by Kelly_Hero @ Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:39 am:

#1 - That guy is a SHE, not a HE.
#2 - As I told you in my email responding to your accusations, I only visited your site twice. I did not register, I did not log in. I only needed to get a look at the current design.
#3 - As I also told you in my email, I did not give anyone else the URL to your website. I did mention to Telli that you had some work you wanted him to do, but I didn't give him or anyone else the link that you gave me.
#4. I'm a graphic designer. I know very little about the coding side of PHP Nuke. I wouldn't even know where to begin to hack a website.

Next time, I suggest you do some investigation into finding out the culprit before you start flinging around accusations.

I await your apology.

Hey dude, i didnt implicate the girl... she implicated herself. I exposed where I divuldged my need for some help and where i gave out the address.... ON YOUR SITE.

ANYWAY.....

I Just got home and now it works.... Before i left, i Spent like 3hrs messing w/ it clearing cache and deleting internet files, reinstalled admin.php and other files....still nothing.... NOTHING WORKED for 3hrs! Then, I post back to the site.....

and when I get home walaaa it works.... Strange... Btw: any script kiddy can inject sql statements and potentially ganin a certain amount of control.....and this installation had zero protection enabled on it. So it prolly wouldn’t be rocket science for a nuisance to act like a fool with. Like I said, i opened this up for the staff member too look at.... ONLY

If u didn’t give the addy out and u didn’t hack it.... There is no understandable explanation. I have had no issue's w/ it since I loaded it for u to see. With that said, I already picked another solution w/ a more stable secure environment less the endless patches and the multiplexity of revisions.
I sincerely apologize if you had nothing to do w/ this. But for the life of me, I have my doubts.

Who would want a site w/ Admin screens that POPPED UP WHENEVER IT WANTED TOO... W/ NO LOGICAL REASONING FOR IT? rofl ...SHYEAH RITE... How do you code temperment? If I hit the admin button too many times it gets mad and refuses to pop up? No --- this site was running fine w/ no addons or mods for a long time.

its quite obvious by google searches....that all the major dregs of humanity( destructive hackers)hang their hat in the phpnuke house.... so they can practice their mischeive... WHY ELSE WOULD nukescripts be cranking out code just as fast as the kiddies can crack it.. I guess its a perpetuating enigma...

Hackers creating software for the masses. LOL... problem is they keep hacking into what they create. Do the google search... dont get mad at me. Phpnuke notoriously attracts bootleg coders...

I awaite your acknowledgment of the true premise...

ps.. i was an SAP interface engineer for 10yrs so i am not totally oblivious to the culture. ... maybe generationally but not relationally

#9   re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

i was an SAP interface engineer for 10yrs so i am not totally oblivious to the culture. ... maybe generationally but not relationally

No, but you are totally oblivious to a great many other things, the first of them being respect.

#1..You came to me for help. I didn't seek you out.
#2..You CHOSE to set up a PHP Nuke site. Nobody twisted your arm. You apparently knew the risks.
#3..If you are aware of all the different ways a PHP Nuke site can be hacked, then surely you must have at least some knowledge of finding out HOW your site got hacked and/or WHO did it?
#4..You did single me out. You pointed the finger straight at me. Even if you didn't know I was a SHE, not a HE.

it wasnt like it made a big deal because it was just a copy and it really isnt even live yet... but it worked fine for a month until I pointed one of the staff members on this site to the location of the install.... AND NOW ITS HACKED ---- EVIL!!!

and btw: this guy bitched because someone took his graphic w/out giving him credit for the work.... shyheah

As I told you in email, there is no "if" about it. I don't hack sites. I don't know how. I couldn't tell you what kind of protection you have on your site because I wasn't there long enough. I looked at your design, read the articles on your main page to find out a little about your service (which I was going to compliment you on the great idea) and left.

I've been a professional website developer for 7 years. I have been an admin on Codezwiz for 2 years. That's two years of helping people to fix their sites. I would have no interest whatsoever in hacking anyone else's website, even if I knew how.

As for your half-hearted apology, you can keep it. You'll need it again someday.

#10   re: I asked for some help on this site and I got HACKED!?
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

Yea Yea, whatever. eusa_hand.gif

<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to