Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Blackened Theme......
Cyberian
CZ Super Newbie
Cyberian has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.00 posts per day

Telli,

Can you give any tips on having the theme at a good viewable quality with a bigger banner added in? I mean is it possible to put the stretch point elsewhere on the header? I have been looking for it for some time now, and can't seem to get it right. I have modified the header some, and viewed the site at 800 x 600 as well as resolutions above 1024 x 768. The only resolution I have it set up for now, is 1024 x 768.

You can view it here, if you like to see what I mean. [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Blackened Theme......
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.73 posts per day

not Telli but what you can do is slice up the image and add it in tables with a splice of the image and using that as a bg to stretch it out. make sure the tables are in % rather than set widths

taut

#3   re: Blackened Theme......
Cyberian
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.00 posts per day

I am soo sorry to ask so many questions, but I am new to theme, and making them. I actually made a nice blue one, but have no clue what I am doing on the PHP end, as it pruned my site up.

Ok. So If I slice up the image that I want to use for the banner on blackened, I do not have to make any alterations on Telli's theme, except for adding the graphics I want in?

So, slice up my image to match telli's is pretty much all I need to do? Then add it to the header?

#4   re: Blackened Theme......
Cyberian
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.00 posts per day

Ok. Taut, here is what I have soo far: [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

At 800 x 600 looks pretty good, anything above that doesn't look so hot. I really am sorry, but my PHP knowledge is rather sad, as I am still learning it, and my theme knowledge is actually poor.

I just want that image, or any image I put in there, to fit effectively on all resolutions. I was going to do a standard 800 x 600 layout, then anything over would show the site as centered, but I like the "stretch to fit", it looks cleaner.

#5   re: Blackened Theme......
Cyberian
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.00 posts per day

Taut or Telli,

I currently have the site set up. [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] Not to familiar with the theme breakdown. Here's what I did so far, so that there were no code alterations, I took whatever images I wanted pieced them together as Telli had them before he sliced them down. Then I made the exact same slices, and kept the exact same names that Telli originally created. The result is what is on that link. I like the idea of the site looking correctly at all sizes, but am unsure of exactly how to implement it so the graphic doesn't double, it just stretches.

Thanks alot guys, you have been extremely helpful in everything I have ever asked. I appreciate it.

#6   re: Blackened Theme......
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

You need to make another slice in the center with a stretch point with no text or images on it. Will be tough with that theme layout you might be better of adding a couple cells around the whole header with side spacers.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#7   re: Blackened Theme......
Cyberian
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.00 posts per day

Funny you mention that. I tried that and killed the theme. I can't figure how to stretch the sides to fit. Thanks Telli. I appreciate it.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to