gadford
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
gadford has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif arkansas.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Da Bearz
0.01 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
Wolf - I think you would agree that a Harley is a coveted luxury item. So much that there are long waiting lines to even be eligible to purchase one. You mentioned a product in high demand, but you failed to mention that Harley Davidson purposefully drops their production so there is always a waiting line for their product. They continually keep supply low so demand grows and they use this to let demand perpetuate itself. It's just as much a marketing scheme as it is a good product that has kept Harley Davidson in business. This helps to create the "mystique" of a harley...because they are difficult to obtain. Harley's rock...but I think you would concede that even if they increased production while maintaining quality, the mystique of this luxury item would decrease if they were readily available. They would still rock, but if you saw them on every corner, their value would drop simply because of an excess of alternatives.

More economics than politics, but I think you get my point.

As far as grown men losing their jobs and not being able to support their family: I take responsibility for my family. I see to it that in the event that I lose my job, I have other options to support those whom I love. To pawn off my responsibility as a man on my government is ridiculous. If I were stuck in a low paying job, I would think twice about having children. It's my physical and biological ability to have children, but my responsibility to support my offspring.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   Re: re: Bush vs Kerry
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Originally posted by gadford @ Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:51 pm:

Wolf - I think you would agree that a Harley is a coveted luxury item. So much that there are long waiting lines to even be eligible to purchase one. You mentioned a product in high demand, but you failed to mention that Harley Davidson purposefully drops their production so there is always a waiting line for their product. They continually keep supply low so demand grows and they use this to let demand perpetuate itself. It's just as much a marketing scheme as it is a good product that has kept Harley Davidson in business. This helps to create the "mystique" of a harley...because they are difficult to obtain. Harley's rock...but I think you would concede that even if they increased production while maintaining quality, the mystique of this luxury item would decrease if they were readily available. They would still rock, but if you saw them on every corner, their value would drop simply because of an excess of alternatives.

More economics than politics, but I think you get my point.

I do agree with you, yet it is one sucessfull way to run a company and still be able to afford to pay the workers a decent wage without having to think about sending operations overseas. The part of them increasing production.... well I don't think that is what they want to do mainly because they have a very loyal customer base. That is what sets them apart from the rest of the USA Motorcycle manufacturers. To befriend that loyalty would probably be their last business decision before bankruptcy...lol. Yeah they would have a few that may buy the bikes, yet the loyalty they currently have would never be regained. The reason I brought it up about HD and politics is that if those loopholes wouldnt have been there, then maybe some of those companies would still be in business in the USA. Just using HD for an example that even with our country's economic state, that a company can flourish legally and maintain the ability of providing their workers with a decent living wage. They rest should take notes on how it is done.

Originally posted by gadford @ Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:51 pm:

If I were stuck in a low paying job, I would think twice about having children. It's my physical and biological ability to have children, but my responsibility to support my offspring.

Ever hear of unplanned pregnancy? While not a smart move, it does happen. And honestly the way this country is set up, a person with kids can actually have food on the table without much worries. Unlike the single person with no siblings that might need temporary help to get back on their feet again, they get denied. For example, a few months ago I was unexpectedly hospitallized and now have over $13,000 in medical bills plus my daily required medicine I have to take or die. I went in and asked for help with just the medication untill I get the hospital paid off and I was denied mainly because I did not have any children. I work and am self-employed, so no health insurance either. Now if I would have been a person with children and same income, they would have accepted me and paid not only my medication, yet the hopsital bill as well. What kind of message does our government give us with those standards? If you havent figured it out, the best way to get help is go and produce a child which you cannot afford to feed and the government will feed them and yourself for making that irresponsible decision. They even give them money for housing and other stuff. So basically they get paid to "pop out" a child and be able to watch talk shows all day or whatever they want to. Honestly they get more than the average Wal-Mart worker recieves. yes I will admit some people have no choice but to recieve that help due to health problems, yet this country would be alot better off to try and improve the amount of jobs here in the states and not just from wal-mart. That loophole was an easy way out for companies and now alot of honest working people and families are without work. It seems that when a person is working and making a decent life for themselves, they are sometimes blind to what others have to go through in order to just eat daily. Try to imagine once how it must be to be them. Lost their job due to outsourcing, barely had enough money to begin with so the option of relocating is very unlikely, and now the family is starving.

Yes our whole government is to blame and not just Bush, however how can this topic be a "Bush vs Kerry" without including and referring to what they have done in the past. Both of them had people below them helping make decisions. From what I seen in the last four years is that in my opinion, Bush had a severe case of tunnel vision about the "war". What else has he done of importance in the last four years? I dont think anything because otherwise he would have mentioned it and brought it up frequently during all those darn political ads..... everything that was brought up was mainly about the war....at least in WI it was. Since he is re-elected I think some of us would like to see him also accomplish other things to improve the country besides blowing up another country. Even soultakers signature shows a country being blown up and only person to receive the credit is Bush...not the rest of the government...so why not blame bush for the problems since he gets credit for doing what some think is the "right thing" to do?

Nothing personal soultaker..just using the sig as an example...otherwise it is a nice job on the sig..icon_smile.gif

RedWolf

P.S. Going to leave this topic rest for a while. Maybe some of you will think about walking in another's shoes for a bit. I know I try to think of both sides, and cant think of anything good about outsourcing when taking into concideration about the loss of jobs in such short time period. In the long run its fine, yet what do people do in the meantime with less jobs and more and more people coming into this country each and everyday.

#3   Re: re: Bush vs Kerry
mjhufford
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
mjhufford has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif arkansas.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Da Bears.
0.04 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 

Originally posted by soultakers @ Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:09 am:

I put the word “illegals” in quotes because that word was used to identify people that was not born of this country. That is not to say that all people that is not of this country is an “illegal”.

illegals are defined by people who are living in this country illegally. It doesn't matter where you were born. You can become a citizen of this country if you were born elsewhere. However, if you live here, work here, enjoy the benefits and freedoms that go hand in hand with "here" and you're not a legal citizen, then you're an illegal. That's the definition.

#4   Re: re: Bush vs Kerry
mjhufford
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif arkansas.gif
0.04 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
[quote="RedWolf111 @ Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:51 pm"]Ever hear of unplanned pregnancy? While not a smart move, it does happen. [quote]

I don't deny that it happens. But is that the government's fault? If you can't afford kids...then don't have sex.

And as far as the outsourcing goes...think a bit longer. You literally would not be able to afford ANYTHING if it was all done right here in the good ole US of A. I know guitars so I'll talk about that. The average price of an American made Fender Strat is around $800. The average cost of the same guitar made over seas or in Mexico is $150.00.

As far as supporting my family, I can't take full credit. I work hard and am aware that I have been blessed in life. I work hard and thank the Lord that I have a job and ask that I may keep my job by working hard and honoring him in my life. I don't take that for granted and don't suppose you do either. I'm grateful that I've been healthy enough to provide for my family by working hard. Government support programs, when used properly, are great. It's people that take them for granted that upset me.

Freedom of speech is a freedom I'm grateful for. Because we can agree to disagree here and still be friends! It takes all breeds and that's what this country is built on. We're all a bunch of mutts. icon_wink.gif

#5   re: Bush vs Kerry
soultakers
CZ Super Newbie
soultakers has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif northcarolina.gif
0.00 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
I would like to say we are friends here. Yes we all have are view on these matters and freedom of speech is a good thing. So we can say that our government has done some good things in the past, and yes I will say they have done some bad things. But it's our government. God bless the USA

#6   re: Bush vs Kerry
gadford
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
gadford has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif arkansas.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Da Bearz
0.01 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
True dat icon_razz.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
#7   re: Bush vs Kerry
mjhufford
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif arkansas.gif
0.04 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_sad.gif icon_smile.gif icon_biggrin.gif Group hug!

#8   re: Bush vs Kerry
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

I agree. Have to mention something funny though....Imagine if the government would all of a sudden fix all of the country's problems....I would be soooo bored then...lol

RedWolf

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to