hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
Technocrat
CZ Newbie
Technocrat has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
0.00 posts per day

I am sorry but I dont think that is true: [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]
But I am not a lawyer
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

I am no lawyer either but since the GNU GPL is based on copyright, then copyright laws prevail which is written directly by the federal government while the GNU GPL is a foundation who oversees the rights of end users.

Since both docs are just as ambiguous as the other and is always open to one's interpretation, the mere fact that he didnt have the deference to the rules set forth by this site's owner shows a lack of character for one who is supposedly a "respected" contributor of the Nuke community and which is exactly my point.

As a side note, I tip my hat off to you Technocrat for asking permission to port Telli's scripts and so should everyone else!

Taut

#3   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
icex
CZ Newbie
icex has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Hi again Technocrat icon_smile.gif

I will contact my lawyer just to get a legal answer that will let us all know whether code, modules and blocks are protected by copyright other than GNU GPL.

I do know for a fact from my lawyer that any graphics created by an original author are completely protected by copyright law. This means graphics used within a theme are protected even if the theme code itself is not. Pictures/graphics are never free domain. You can search the gnu.org site over and over and will find nothing which pretains to graphics being included under the GNU GPL license.

take care
icex
icexdesign.com

#4   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
Technocrat
CZ Newbie
Technocrat has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
0.00 posts per day

I would love to know the answer as it brings up an interesting problem in the whole GPL community.

#5   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
zdhrellik
CZ Newbie
zdhrellik has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

after not sending the reply to the account email. I received an email stating "account denied"

I thought about that for a second and came up with a swift reply stating "after what was done to Codezwiz... who cares!?"

I was shocked to get this email back....

"Who cares ?
I care cause its not that fair and not true at all.
I didnt do anything.
Someone told him stories and he did fall for that.
End of story.
Have a nice day."

Bottom line, It's wrong! I love your software and beleive in your work. Anyone that would do this to someone that offers such a service, should be forced to shut down!

#6   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
IZZY
CZ Newbie
IZZY has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
uk.gif
0.00 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
Its very lame to steal ones work and sell it on !
what has happend to the unwritten code of honour now days ffs . some people jeeze.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am after you donations script /module is there any way that I will be able to get it as the one we have now doesn't wrok for us and doesn't register donater's names no matter what i do , Technorat has tried to help but to no avail .

our site : [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

as you can see I have no intention of selling it on .
is there any way you could email it to me or somthing ! PLEASE !!

thnx

IZZ

#7   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

I just banned some scumbag that came to my site calling me some lame name for sticking by CZ and Telli for this instance...ROTFLMAO...little does he know that the [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] site doesn't really work..LMAO!!!!

#8   re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit!!!
SureFire
CZ Newbie
SureFire has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Okay, as for this hitwalker guy there was a big thing a while back maybe a year or so with him and portedmods.com stealing there work I believe it was. But, after that I never trusted the guy, you go wrong once there’s a big chance you will do it again. I mean he could of said sorry back then but never did so I doubt he will this time either. Anyhow, what I am getting at is dude don't worry about him some one needs to just go and put a law suit in against him because he is not going to stop doing this. I am sorry it happened to you buddy as I've always loved your site its been one of my best resources for some cool mods I would sit here and be like how did he do that haha then look and say wow that’s what i was doing wrong!!!

Anyhow, if you need anything Telli please don’t hesitate to ask me.

Just want to put my two cents in.

Cheers,

SureFire

#9   Re: re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit
SureFire
CZ Newbie
SureFire has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Originally posted by Themis @ Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:44 pm:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /article-291-thread-0-0.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] Port 80

hahaha I can't ;p Of course after all that and the email I recieved from him I couldn't be bothered.

Even though it's only a five euro fee for a years worth of downloading, I still would never use the site because you can't see anything about the mods before you pay. So it's no loss to be kicked from there as I never frequented the place. I'd much rather spend my money supporting the people that actually write the applications and their sites.

I get same thing bud I got banned even before I went there I think he might have put a ban from anyone that links from Telli's site

#10   Re: re: hitwalker.nl sells other peoples work for his profit
Themis
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Themis has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
wyoming.gif
0.00 posts per day
AIM Address  MSN Messenger 

Originally posted by SureFire @ Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:53 pm:

Originally posted by Themis @ Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:44 pm:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /article-291-thread-0-0.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] Port 80

hahaha I can't ;p Of course after all that and the email I recieved from him I couldn't be bothered.

Even though it's only a five euro fee for a years worth of downloading, I still would never use the site because you can't see anything about the mods before you pay. So it's no loss to be kicked from there as I never frequented the place. I'd much rather spend my money supporting the people that actually write the applications and their sites.

I get same thing bud I got banned even before I went there I think he might have put a ban from anyone that links from Telli's site

I can guarentee you that he is watching the thread. Seems he is banning anyone that doesn't agree with him. So much for freedom of speech and lets work as a community. I think that he knows he is wrong..........that old thing about "he doth protest too much" you know.

If the copyright Idea holds up he is totally hosed because to my knowledge he has produced absolutely none of the work that he is charging to download. In the first place he should have regarded Telli's requests concerning his work (and everyone else's) to start with. Since this happened he had the chance to go to Telli and work it out. Perhaps pay a fee to have the right to use them at his site.

Instead he tends to call people names and ban them from his site. Oh well, it's no skin off my back I never used his site anyways because I could not see what I would be paying for. I like to know that there is a working link to the author and support. He doesn't even let you see what scripts he has before hand. I mostly only went there when he was asking for help on another site and I wanted to see how it worked out. I wonder if he ever paid for the "adult entertainment" there. LOL is that covered as copyright? He charges for that aa well.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to